Monday, April 30, 2012

Storms.

Over the past few days, we've had so many thunderstorms. Friday into Friday night, they seemed to roll in, one after the other: lighting, thunder, rain & repeat. We went to bed last night, knowing a complex of storms was working its leisurely way northeast. The lightning woke me up around 4:30. The thunder woke the dogs up a bit later. Judging by the frequency of lightning lighting up the room, I was waiting for the weather radio to go off. But, as dawn broke, the storm seemed to lose its umph, and I got out of bed to a lovely, steady rain. In fact, we haven't had any severe weather in a good bit. I know eventually we'll get some storms that verge on the scary. And, since I've become a trained weather spotter, I haven't been able to use my training. But that is something to be glad about. Anyway, here are some pictures of a storm building just north of the barn this afternoon, as I walked the dogs around, drinking a lovely apple vodka cocktail!



No comments:

Post a Comment